How to gain experience in roulette
If you’re going to play roulette and don’t want to look like a rookie at the table, learn about the strategies below. There are many popular strategies like martingale, james bond, d’alembert and many others. Although each has its own advantages, none of them will guarantee you a certain win. What’s more, whatever strategy you choose, in the long run it will always be the casinos that will earn the money, so you should know when to leave the table. Read this article to learn how to recognize this moment!
Method 1 – Martingale strategy
- 1. Probably the most popular strategy in roulette, martingale is to double the stake after each lost 50/50 bet. In this way, when you win, you will always recover all your losses and also make a profit.
The advantage of this strategy is its simplicity. You play the so-called coin-flip. You bet on a black or white, and either win or lose. Every time you lose, you double the stake compared to the previous bet. When you finally win, you will recover all your losses.
There are several drawbacks to this strategy. First of all, remember to keep in mind so called gambler’s fallacy. Just because black has fallen in a row of 5 or even 100 times, it doesn’t change the probability of the next draw, which is always 50/50.
Another disadvantage with martingale strategy is that at some point you may reach the maximum bet limit, or you may simply run out of money earlier. Remember that each subsequent bet is twice as big as the previous one.
- 2. Find roulette with a low minimum bet, and a high maximum bet. You want to start with a low stake and be able to double it as many times as possible.
- 3. Place a small bet on black or red, even or odd, or high or low. The european roulette tables have 37 fields including 0, which means that the ball has exactly the same chance of falling out on red, black, even, odd, 1-18 or 19-36.
- 4. When you win, cash in your winnings and go back to betting on small amounts. You can also leave the casino, although going out with a $1 or $2 win is not very rewarding. But remember, it’s better than going out with a loss.
- 5. If you lose, double your bet and place the same bet as before. In other words, if you lost a bet of $1, you should bet $2 in the next betting round. If it was black, bet again on black.
- 6. If you win the second time, win the winnings and bet again the same amount as in the first bet. If you win, you win the same amount in both the first and second case.
- 7. If you lose, double the bet amount again and try again.
- 8. Repeat these steps until you reach the maximum bet limit at the table. Please note that this is not a sure way to win, it only increases your chances of winning and decreases the casino’s chances of winning.
Method 2 – The reverse martingale strategy
- Find out about the reverse martingale strategy. The strategy is to increase the stake when you win and decrease it when you lose. It is based on the assumption that when a series comes in, either a winning or a losing series, you should draw as much as possible from it or minimize losses.
- As with the classic martingale strategy, find a table here with a low minimum stake and a high maximum stake at the same time.
- Place a small bet on black or red, ever or odd, or 1-18 or 19-36. In our example we will use black/red bets.
- Wait until your field falls out. If you are still losing, don’t raise the bet.
- When your field falls out and you win the bet, win the money and double the stake in the next bet.
- Double the stake after each winning bet. For fourteen consecutive bets, the stakes should increase as follows: 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192
- After losing, return to the first betting amount. Reverse martingale is risky if you lose. For this strategy to be successful, you must stop betting before the losing spin occurs.
Method 3 D’alembert’s strategy.
- Get to know the basics of d’alembert’s strategy. It is safer than the martingale and reversed martingale strategies. It is based on arithmetic sequences, not geometric. This means that instead of doubling the stakes, we increase them by 1.
- Start with a small amount and bet on a colour. Optional, because d’alembert’s strategy is based on 50/50 bets, you can also choose to bet odds or even and high or low.
- Increase the bet after each loss, decrease it after the win. If you win as many times as you lose, using the d’alemberts strategy your balance will be positive. For example, you start with a $5 bet on black. You lose, so the next bet will be $6 on black. You lose again, then you bet $7. You win, so you lower your bet and bet $6 again. You win again, and you walk away. Analyzing the example above, you win as many times as you lose and you make a profit: -5 -5 +7 +6 = +2.
- Finish the game when you have the same number of wins as you have lost. If you have a series of losses, wait until the series of wins comes. When the number of wins equals the number of losers, you are out in the open and finish the game.
Method 4 – Fibonacci’s strategy
1. Get to know the basics of fibonacci’s strategy. Leonardo pisano bigollo, also known as fibonacci, was an italian mathematician who discovered a characteristic sequence of numbers, later named after him. The sequence starts with 1, and each consecutive number is the sum of the two previous ones:
1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, 377, 610
the strategy based on the fibonacci sequence assumes that the next bet should be the sum of the two preceding bets. The advantage of this system is that we will earn money even if we lose more draws than we win. But a serious drawback is the fact that if a losing series comes, the next bets will start to be dangerously high.
2. Start with a small bet on black or red. Because fibonacci’s strategy is based on so-called 50-50 bets, ale you can bet on even – odds, or high – low.
3. If you have lost, continue betting on the same field. If you started with $1, bet $1 again. If you lose the second bet, bet $2 (1 + 1) in the third bet.
4. If you win, return to the stake before the two bets. Here is an example of a series of results together with the amount of bet you should place after it according to the fibonacci system:
– bet black, $3 – lose
– bet red $3 – lose
– bet red, $6 – lose
– bet red, $9 – lose
– bet red, $15 – win
– bet red, $6 – lose
– bet red, $9 – win
– bet red, $3 – win
– bet red, $3 – win
Let’s count the sum: -3 -3 – 6 – 9 + 15 – 6 + 9 + 3 + 3 = +3
you lost five bets and won four, but you are still ahead of +3.
Method 5 – The james bond strategy
- Ian flemming, the author of the famous james bond series, described the system as “can provide you a good dinner every day”. You will need at least $200 to play with james bond’s system and have to make a few bets including the so-called column bet.
- Place $140 on high (numbers 19-36).
- bet $50 on six (numbers 13-18).
- wager $10 on 0 as security.
- If you are unlucky enough to have a number between 1 and 12, you have lost all your bets, and you should consider playing with the martingale system. But in other cases you won:
$80 if it was 19-36
$100, in the case of 13-18.
$160 when it came to 0.